Crypt of the NecroDancer Received its First Update in Five Years
Crypt of the NecroDancer is a musical slasher where you have to move and fight to the beat of the soundtrack. The game launched back in 2015 and was bathed in the rays of adoration from the public, but over the past five years has not received updates.
Suddenly, Brace Yourself Games broke its silence and published a major update to 3.0.0 “1,721 days later.” The authors have some good reason to release the patch now, since it paves the way for something bigger. What exactly this is about is not specified.
Key Features of the Patch
- No Beats Mode – removes the need to act to the beat of the music. With this setting, gameplay for any character becomes closer to gameplay for a bard.
- Automatic save on exit.
- Accelerated loadouts.
- Reworked systems related to modifications. For example, you can include several mods at once by specifying the order of loading.
- Improved support for custom music has been added.
- Reworked the replay system. You can watch the replay from the face of the enemy you were killed by.
- Expanded systems related to leaderboards. For example, there is a warning that mods do not allow you to send your score to the table.
- There is a new level editor. For example, there are now hotkeys, a selection tool that allows you to cut, copy or move pieces of locations, the ability to change the order of levels in a dungeon, and so on.
- Improved controller support – the game now works with Steam Input and displays icons depending on the gamepad family. In addition, more possibilities for control customization were added – for example, you can assign combos of two buttons to any action.
- System requirements have been updated: a minimum of four gigabytes of RAM.
- Many other changes, including various gameplay conveniences. For example, a countdown that turns on after a pause and helps you get back into rhythm, a Ctrl+F hotkey to quickly search through various menus, and updated timer behavior for speedruns.
For now, update 3.0.0 only resides on PC, but it is going to be released on other platforms. For a full list of changes, check out the full list of changes here.
Crypt of the NecroDancer is available on PC, PS4, PS Vita, iOS, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Moreover, recently released a game in the same genre – Spundfall. Good graphics and dynamic battles. Our team advises to pay attention.