Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope Gameplay Videos and Details
Ubisoft held a small showcase of Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. On it, the studio highlighted the gameplay of the “tactical adventure”, and also revealed another character who will join the user’s squad.
- A mixture of the Mushroom Kingdom and the world of rabid rabbits is in danger: a dark entity named Kursa intends to consume all the energy of this universe. Her minions set out to capture the sparks, a cross between rabbits and lums. Mario and his companions must defeat Kursa and save the defenseless creatures.
- Players are asked to control a group of three heroes. Each of them has their own weapons and skills: Princess Peach imposes shields, and the rabbit version of Mario conducts counterattacks.
- The developers abandoned the cages on the battlefield, so the characters are free to move around.
- After each battle, participants will receive experience points to increase their level and become stronger.
- Sparks allow you to conduct spontaneous attacks.
- During the journey, Mario and his friends will meet many characters. Some of them give out quests and others will want to join the plumber’s cause. Companions will include the rabbits Edge and Rosalina, as well as Bowser himself – Coors has subjugated his army, so the antagonist will have to fight at Mario’s side.
- Grant Kirkhope is once again invited to work on the musical accompaniment. Yoko Shimomura, who worked on the soundtrack for Super Mario RPG, Legend of Mana and Kingdom Hearts, and Gareth Coker, the composer of Immortals Fenyx Rising and the Ori games, will join him.