PlayStation VR2 and PlayStation VR2 Sense Controller Announce
Sony kicked off January not only with a new selection of games for PS Plus subscribers, but also with a story about the features of the new PlayStation VR2 headset for PS5 and the PlayStation VR2 Sense controller.
Virtual Reality Helmet Features
The company noted the features of PS VR2, including 4K HDR resolution, 110 ° viewing angle and in-depth rendering. Players will find a resolution of 2000 × 2040 for one eye and a frame rate of 90/120 Hz. But more about the characteristics of the helmet – a little below.
In addition, the device tracks the movements of the players’ eyes, which affects the actions of the hero of the game. PS VR2 can also monitor the actions of the player and controller through cameras in a VR headset.
Sony also notes the recoil of the headset – a new sensor that adds tactile sensations and more immersive gamers in the gameplay. That is, players will be able to feel the hero’s accelerated pulse, feel the high speed of the car and more.
Finally, the company adds that the PS VR2 will have only one cable, which will make the connection and installation of the device much easier – this very cable simply connects to the PS5, and then the player can immediately dive into the desired VR project.
PlayStation VR2 Specifications
- Display method: OLED
- Panel resolution: 2000 x 2040 per eye
- Panel refresh rate: 90Hz, 120Hz
- Lens separation: Adjustable
- Field of View: Approx. 110 degrees
- Sensors: Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer). Attachment Sensor: IR Proximity sensor
- Cameras: 4 cameras for headset and controller trackingIR camera for eye tracking per eye
- Feedback: Vibration on a headset
Communication with PS5: USB Type-C®
- Audio: Input: Built-in microphoneOutput: Stereo headphone jack
PlayStation VR2 Sense Controllers Specifications
- Buttons: [Right] – PS button, Options button, Action buttons (Circle / Cross), R1 button, R2 button, Right Stick / R3 button. [Left] – PS button, Create button, Action buttons (Triangle / Square), L1 button, L2 button, Left Stick / L3 button
- Sensing/ Tracking: Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope + three-axis accelerometer). Capacitive Sensor: Finger Touch DetectionIR LED: Position Tracking
- Feedback: Trigger Effect (on R2/L2 button), Haptic Feedback (by single actuator per unit)
- Port: USB Type-C® Port
- Communication: Bluetooth® Ver5.1
- Battery: Type: Built-in Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery