Soundfall: Guide to Import Music and Custom Songs
To import music in Saundfall you need to select the .mp3 file, go to the Free Play tab in the game, and select the “import song” option at the bottom of the list of all songs.
If you have trouble with installing your songs in Soundfall, our guide will give you detailed information on how to import music into Soundfall, as well as how to make and install custom songs for the game.
Easy Steps to Import Music to Soundfall
Soundfall has many good songs, but they can get boring over time. You can diversify the gameplay by adding your own music to a song list. There are a few steps to import music to Soundfall:
- Make sure you use a music file with the extension .mp3, .ogg, .wav. Other file formats are not supported by the game
- Launch the game
- Go to the Free Play tab
- Here you will find a list of all the songs in the game. At the end of the list you will find the “Import song” option
- Click on it and there will appear a search window for files on your computer
- Find the file you want and add it to the list of songs in the game
This way you can add any custom song to Soundfall, and the game will adjust completely to your music.
How to Create Your Own Music for Soundfall?
If you like to experiment and try new things, you can go further and not just add new music to the game, but write your own beat track and play with it.
It’s actually not very difficult to write your own songs. You can write a simple beat for Soundfall in just 10 minutes, without knowing much about music.
Speaking from personal experience, I have tried writing beats in FL Studio. It’s very easy, understandable, and handy. But there are many free audio editors online that you can also use.
In the video below, there’s a short guide to FL Studio, that will help you create your first beat for Soundfall.
How to Improve the Beatmaps of New Songs?
What might you need it for? Soundfall automatically creates special beatmaps for each imported song, which are used by the in-game metronome and the game to adjust the rhythm of the enemies and the surrounding world correctly.
Most imported music is added correctly, but sometimes this can be difficult, or the beatmap may not be created correctly.
This can be fixed with Audacity (a free audio editor). You will also need to install the optional Vamp Plugin Pack. All in all, a few simple steps to edit music in Soundfall:
- Install Audacity
- Install Vamp Plugin Pack
- Open Audacity
- Click on the “Analyse” tab at the top and select “Add/Remove Plugins”
- Find “BeatRoot Beat Tracker Beats” and make sure it is enabled
- Then, at the top of the screen, click on the “File” tab, then “Open”
- Select the song you want to add
Next, you have to check and edit the beatmap using one of two tools: BeatRoot Beat Tracker Beats or Regular Interval Labels.
A detailed guide on how to do this can be found in the video below.
What if Soundfall Failed to Import Music File?
If you see a “Failed to import music file” notification on the screen after you import a song, there could be one of two problems with your file.
- You have downloaded a file in a format that the game does not support. Re-check the format of the song file. Ideally, the file format should be .mp3, so that the game will accept it. Also .ogg, .wav are also suitable. Otherwise, you will not be able to upload a song.
- Perhaps the weight of the file with the song is too large. If your song lasts an hour or more, this may be the reason that the file weighs too much, and the game can not load it.
With a few simple steps, you can greatly diversify the gaming experience in Saundfall with your favourite songs.
You can also make your own beats for the game, so you can have a unique experience and perhaps discover a new hobby!